My home is currently London England. From there I run various companies in industries such as fitness, property development, online education and fintech.
I also consult and offer coaching services for business and investing.
Here is my resume:
Software Engineering Background
I am a multi-skilled CTO and Entrepreneur with comprehensive experience in leading software development teams to deliver the highest quality, global brand iOS and Android mobile apps, Web apps, and Server-side applications.
For over 10 years, I have been running a Software Development consultancy called iMobilize Ltd. The team consists of full-time employees and a temp offshore team.
The team includes: iOS Engineers Android Engineers Full-stack Engineers Java/React/Angular/HTML Graphic Designer Project Manager
The team is focussed on delivering scalable mobile and web applications with great UI/UX. We do this by A) Using the latest UI/UX design practices B) Developing on top of the latest tech stacks served on robust platforms such as GCP C) Great Architectural Design, Continuous Integration and TDD
iMobilize has been employed by well known brands such as Sainsburys, Discovery Channel, Gamesys, OddsChecker, Ben Sherman and Sky.
I have also worked with numerous startups acting as an interim CTO. In my roles I have undertaken Leading and Mentoring, Project Management, Solutions Architecture, UX and UI Design, Software Development and Online Marketing.
My particular areas of expertise are:
- Leading and mentoring
- Startups, product development and strategy
- Mobile app design and development
- Responsive website design and development
- Agile development and process
- API design and architecture
- Scalable infrastructure
- Coding standards and best practices
- Continuous integration
- Test automation
- Financial Engineering
IT Skills and comptencies
- Proficient in use of development environments IntelliJ, Xcode and VSCode
- iPhone & iPad, Android, iOS application development
- Web services, Servlets, JSP’s, AJAX, PHP web development
- Linux server administration including Perl and Bash Shell scripting
- BEng (Hons) 2:1 in Electronic Engineering with Spanish Nottingham University 2002 - 2006
- BSc in Computer Science (Returned to UK Higher Education before completing) Georgia College and State University, USA 2000 - 2002
I have actively traded the financial markets since 2010. My trading experience includes trading Shares, CFD, Spread Betting and Options. I trade in asset classes such as Currencies, Commodities, Equities and Indices.
I have undertaken various Financial Education courses always seeking to improve my understanding of the financial markets. The list of which can be seen below.
My trading style is a Top Down Macroeconomic Asset selection process for generating trade ideas in: Indices Equities Commodities Currencies Rates
I use a Top Down and Bottom Up appraisal for Sector and Stock selection. The process involves calculating Statistical Distribution of: Asset Returns OHLC Volatility An Implied Volatility Assessment across Equities, Currencies, and Commodities.
I use GDP Correlations (Lag Effects) to Asset Prices, Industry Sector (Value Chain) analysis, Stock analysis using Fundamental, Technical and Price action in order to generate trade ideas for Alpha.
All of this is then overlaid with Risk Management using: Watchlist generation Technical chart analysis and price action Beta Hedging (Equities) Portfolio Construction Parameters Long/Short Equity selection Kelly criterion (all asset classes).
Mentoring From Former Professional Trader (Former Toronto Dominion Securities)- Jason McDonald
Professional Trading Guidance and Mentorship:
- Discussion of macro economic factors, political events, and business risk affecting trade ideas and current portfolio
- Examination and feedback of portfolio construction
Institute Of Trading And Portfolio Management (Former Goldman Sachs) - Anton Kreil
Professional Trading Course which covered:
- Top Down and Bottom up trade idea generation Volatility analysis (historical and implied) for risk management and trade opportunity
- Portfolio construction (asset correlation, sector analysis, beta hedging for equities)
- Risk Management (position sizing, price action, technical analysis, volatility analysis)
London Academy Of Trading (LAT) – Paddy Osborn
Financial Asset Technical Analysis Course which covered:
- Support, Resistance, Trendlines, Peaks, Troughs, Ranges, Consolidations
- Reversal and Continuation Chart patterns, Flags, Pennants, Wedges
- Calculation of MA, RSI, Stochastic, CCI, ATR, MACD chart indicators
Certificate In Quantitative Finance Program (CQF) - Paul Wilmott
Financial Engineering course which covered:
- Itô calculus, Stochastic Differential Equations and Martingale Theory
- Financial Time Series modelling (ARCH)
- Black Scholes Options pricing model theory and derivation
- Statistical analysis of asset prices to find correlation with lead and lag using R Interest rate and credit risk models
Chartered Financial Analyst Program (CFA level 1 & 2) – CFA Institute
Investment Management Course which covered:
- Economics, Statistics, Probability Theory Corporate Finance,
- Portfolio Theory, CAPM, Pricing Models, Financial Accounting
- Fixed Income Securities, Equities, Derivatives, Alternative Investments